This website and the GoalScanner Service is operated by Sport Vision Systems Ltd. We take your privacy very seriously therefore we urge to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information about on:
- who we are,
- how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information,
- your rights in relation to your personal information, and
- how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event that you have a complaint.
Who we are
Sport Vision Systems Ltd. (‘we’ or ‘us’) collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data protection Regulations (GDPR) which apply across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
How we collect personal information
We do not collect any sensitive personal data sometimes referred to as special category data. We may collect basic personal information in a few different ways:
a) Personal information you provide or give permission to obtain
When you sign up for or use the Service, you give us certain information voluntarily. This includes your name, email address, phone number, profile photo, comments, and any other information you give us. If you sign-up for a paid service then we collect payment information, contact information (address and phone number).
If you link your Facebook or Google account or accounts from other third party services then we may also get information from those accounts (such as your friends or contacts). The information we get from those services depends on your settings and their privacy policies, so please check what those are.
b) Cookies and similar technologies used when operating our website
c) Recorded images
In order to use the full GoalScanner video highlights Service you will enter an area where video cameras are operated. These areas will be clearly signposted to let you know that your image recorded and processed by us. We will also notify the person activating the Service electronically on every occasion it is used to:
- confirm that everyone has been made aware that they will be recorded
- check that there are no children present whose parents have not given consent.
How we use your personal information
We use the information we collect to provide a relevant and functioning service to you. For example your recorded images form the basis of a video highlights provided to you as part of the Service. We also collect information about our users for the following purposes:
- To identify you and manage any accounts you own
- To manage your orders and transactions
- To save preferences
- To contact you with updates or changes to the Service
- To analyse how people are using the Service
Who your information may be shared with
When you share and communicate using our Service, you choose the audience for what you share. For example you may choose not to share your match highlights, or to share privately to only those with the link or to share publicly. You should consider who you choose to share with, because people who can see your activity on our Service can choose to share it with others on and off the Service, including people and businesses outside the audience you shared with. For example, when you share a video to specific friends or accounts, they can download, screenshot, or re-share that content to others outside of the Service.
Due to the transnational nature of the infrastructure used to provide the Service, you authorise us to transfer and store your information outside your home country, including in the United States, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your personal information in such countries may not be equivalent to those of your home country.
Where we share information we receive with third parties, we’re responsible for making sure those third parties either comply with the principles of GDPR (in Europe) or the Privacy Shield program (in the US) or otherwise demonstrate similarly strong commitment to data privacy and protection.
We may share your information with law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity.
How long your personal information will be kept by us
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide the Service to you and fulfil the purposes described in this policy. You may close your account at any time. Information that others have shared about you isn’t part of your account and won’t be removed in this case.
When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalise it so that we can’t identify you.
- For typical user data (contact information etc.) this period will normally be a maximum of 2 years from your last activity using this Service.
- Original video recordings will be kept for a maximum of 7 days.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on the following as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information:
- legitimate interests – we cannot deliver the service without processing some of your data
- contract – by registering for the service you agree to our terms and conditions
The consequence to you of our use of your personal information is that you are able to make full and proper use of the Service.
Keeping your information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will also use technological and organisation measures to keep your information secure. These measures may include the following examples:
- restricting access to only authorised individuals
- encrypting data and storing it in a secure location
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Indeed, while we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the site you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using the details below.
Children and the validity of consent
Where we obtain consent from any user we will take reasonable steps to ascertain whether the user is over 13 years of age and whether the child is sufficiently informed to give valid consent. If the user is not, parental consent will be required to provide consent for the processing of any personal information.
What rights do you have?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (http://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/)
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please:
- email, call or write to us
- let us have enough information to identify you
- let us have proof of your identity (a copy of your driving license, passport or a recent credit card/utility bill)
- let us know the information to which your request relates
From time to time we may also have other methods to unsubscribe (opt-out) from any direct marketing including for example, unsubscribe buttons or web links. If such are offered, please note that there may be some period after selecting to unsubscribe in which marketing may still be received while your request is being processed.
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact our Data Controller: Roger Clark by e-mail at email@example.com